Barry Rebuck, TEP, E.P.C.
Barry has been in the financial field for over 40 years with experience in marketing Mortgages, Segregated Funds, Bank account loans, and various types of insurance products.
After immigrating to Canada with his wife and daughter in 1975, Barry joined Crown Life and then moved to Imperial Life as a Representative in 1976. With the collapse of the four Financial Pillars, in 1984, Barry became a full-time, independent Broker, at the same time establishing Rebuck & Associates.
His designations include being a member of the Society of Trusts & Estate Practitioners [TEP] and Elder Planning Counselor [E.P.C.]. Barry is a member of Advocis, CALU and the Million Dollar Round Table (MDRT).
He has served as a Director of the Life Underwriters Association from 1997 and 1998 and volunteered as a Moderator for four years. Barry was also the first Chairman of his association’s Mentoring Program serving in that capacity for two years. He continues to mentor junior advisors and business clients today.
Code of Conduct
- Always place the best interest of our clients above our own direct and indirect interests.
- Maintain the highest standard of professional skills and competence to give the best possible advice to clients. Seek to maintain and improve professional knowledge, skills and competence.
- Hold in the strictest of confidence and consider a privilege, all of our client’s personal and business information pertaining to their affairs.
- Make full and adequate disclosure of all facts necessary to enable our clients to make an informed decision.
- Determine that any replacement of an insurance product must be of benefit to our client.
- Abide and conform to all provisions, laws and regulations in the jurisdiction in which we do business.
Industry Associations and Designations
ADVOCIS: The Financial Advisors Association of Canada
Previously The Life Underwriters Association of Canada (LUAC)
The oldest and largest voluntary professional membership association of financial advisors and planners in Canada.
- Member since 1975
- Director 1997-1998
- Moderator, 4 year term
Elder Planning Counselor (EPC)
Designation from the Canadian Initiative for Elder Planning Studies (CIEPS). The goal of the CIEPS is to enrich the knowledge and understanding of professionals who work in the 50+ age group through education on topics focusing upon the evolving and specialized needs of Canada’s citizens as they age.
- Counselor since 2008
The Million Dollar Round Table (MDRT): The Premiere Association of Financial Professionals
MDRT is an international, independent association of more than 38,000 of the world's leading life insurance and financial services professionals from more than 450 companies in 74 countries.
MDRT members demonstrate exceptional professional knowledge, strict ethical conduct and outstanding client service. MDRT membership is recognized internationally as the standard of excellence in the life insurance and financial services business.
- Member since 1991
Trust and Estate Practitioner (TEP)
Members of the Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners (STEP) maintain ongoing educational requirements, as STEP’s aims include raising the public profile of trust and estate work as a profession.
A key element of STEP's ongoing mandate is to provide a forum for discussion and advancement of practitioner knowledge of relevant tax, accounting, administration, statute and case law through regular branch seminars, symposia, and an annual national conference.
- Member since 2003